Tuesday 6 September 2011

AFTER HERCULES


AFTER HERCULES is the theme of my talk at The Heron Theatre at Beetham (South of Kendal) on Friday 16th September at 7.30 pm.

A lot has happened during and after the publication of the book - so there will be more stories of art and artists, more strange predicaments and plenty of new developments. People are always saying 'you have such an interesting life' but there are times when it gets a little too 'interesting' and I wish it would just stand still for a little while to allow me to catch up with myself.

There will be bits of film, updated news of Hercules the brain surgeon and Philip the amorous sculptor, new characters and new adventures and much more. The farmer's wife, Karen Wallbank will be with us that evening in person with her droll wit and a small exhibition of paintings in the foyer for you to enjoy.

You can book on 015395 64283 or through info@theherontheatre.com or at the HERON theatre, Stanley Street, Beetham, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7AS

THE BENNETT SHOW update

There has been a tremendous response to my last newsletter about June and Michael Bennett's upcoming exhibition. Unfortunately I haven't been as clear as I should have been about arrangements to buy.

The exhibition actually opens at 10.30 on the morning of Friday 9th September. We will begin selling work then and will take orders by phone, e mail and in person.

In the evening of the 9th September there will be a 'MEET THE ARTISTS' reception 6.00 - 8.00. to which you are all invited and we will be selling then as well. I am sure there will be plenty left to choose from.

Anyone travelling just to the evening 'do' or who is unable to come at all can put themselves on the 'Wish list' for any piece and we will reserve it for them on the day providing nobody else got there first in person at 10.30 am.

Sorry that is complicated. E mail me if you need more information/explanation/reservation and I'll do my best to help.